Dear Parent / Carer,
Further to my previous letter about face to face in-college sessions, I enclose the following information.
From Thursday 2nd July, students will be invited into college to meet with staff in order to consolidate their learning and in order to prepare for our return in September. We are offering as much face to face contact as we can whilst also adhering to government guidelines, including only being allowed to have a maximum of 25% of the year group in on any one day (27 students), ensuring we are satisfying the risk assessments of the Trust and accommodating varied student subject choices and combinations.
Each day in college will run as follows:
Session 1 – 9.00am – 10.30am
Groupings with a maximum of 6 students per group
Session 2 – 11.00am – 12.30pm
Groupings with a maximum of 6 students per group
Focused Intervention Support – 9:00am – 12:00 pm
Identified students who will be contacted individually by HOY, Miss Knox
NB: There will be an opportunity for students to make individual appointments with a member of the Sixth Form Team following their session, should they need to discuss anything individually. Students should contact: email@example.com should they wish to take advantage of this offer.
Art based subjects (Art, 3D Art, Graphics, Photography) will not be included in these Academic Mentoring sessions. Students will not be able to bring in any sketch books, materials, cameras, equipment or access any of the facilities in Art / use the specialist materials they would need to make such a session meaningful and worthwhile. I have discussed this with Mr Meynell and his team in the Art Department who will continue to contact students individually to support their independent learning in these subjects.
Before any student comes into college, it is essential that they have read and understood the following information. Please discuss the guidance with them:
- Social distancing and handwashing are essential to maintain during the time in school. Students will be asked to wash / sanitise their hands before and after a session.
- In order to avoid unnecessary gatherings and enable safe social distancing, students should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled lesson. Students should wait outside the front of the Sixth Form building (adhering to social distancing) until met at the door by a member of the Sixth Form Team.
- Students will enter the sixth form via the usual front entrance and go directly to their allocated classroom – as instructed by a member of the Sixth Form Team. At the end of the session, students will be directed to leave the building by the back stairs and exit at the back of the building.
- Students must not remain on site to socialise, and should be off site no later than 5 minutes after the end of their lesson. The Common Room and other social areas within the college are out of bounds. Only the allocated rooms are to be used. It is essential that students do not wait for each other and gather outside the school gates.
- No handouts will be used in school; the students are asked to bring only a pack of stationery / pencil case and a pad of file paper or a notebook.
- Any breaks that need to be taken will be taken in classrooms. Students will either remain where they are at the end of a lesson or move to their next room (if applicable) and then have a break. Most students will only have one session a day. Once a classroom has been used by a group, it will not be used again until it has been cleaned. Every session is timetabled in a different room / space.
- Toilet visits are permitted but only one student at a time, with hands washed thoroughly after each visit.
- Drinking water will not be available from any of the fountains in the college but students may bring their own water bottle for use throughout the day which should not be shared and should be taken away with them at the end of the session.
Please remember to practise social distancing at all times. In the event that any student is showing Covid-19 symptoms or are self-isolating, they must not attend – please inform the College prior to their scheduled lesson. For risk assessment purposes, before attending college, students must be confident that they and their household have been paying due regard to the government guidelines around social distancing.
Any student who isn’t able to attend will be sent the work covered by the relevant teacher and offered an online meeting with a member of the Sixth Form Team.
Individual timetables will be sent to students involved in sessions on Thursday 2nd July and Friday 3rd July later today and all other timetables will be sent by the end of the day tomorrow via email. Please can you speak with your son / daughter to ensure that they have received their timetable and get in touch with us ASAP if not, so that we can rectify the situation. Please note that students must attend only their allocated sessions because the timetable is based upon restricted numbers. Unfortunately, we cannot move a student to another group.
Thank you in advance for your continued support, patience and understanding. We are all looking forward to having the students join us in college.
Assistant Headteacher (Head of Sixth Form)