All students and staff are attached to a house in school. This creates a healthy competition and pushes students to succeed. Points are awarded for various events throughout the year, however, the main core of the points come from:
- Attendance per half term from the house as a whole
- Students who achieve 100% Attendance per half term
- Reward points which students are awarded for exceptional work or attitude shown around school
Each house has a House Leader and the five house leaders create the House Team. They organise the events and are another level of support for our students. Keep checking back as the house points update after every event.
Current House Points
• Margaret Clitherow take 5 points for a second place finish in the Foodbank Competition and now occupy the top spot that no-one seems to be able to hold onto in this years competition.
• Anne Line’s stint in the top spot lasted just ten days. A last place finish in the foodbank competition allows MC to take the lead. • John Ingram stay third. Still well in contention and with the KS3 Quiz (a successful event in the past couple of years for JI) coming up the leaders need to keep one eye on the chasing pack.
• John Boste stay fourth but close up the gap to John Ingram. We welcome Mr McLintock as the new head of John Boste House after a change in role for Mrs Spears. Thank you to her for everything she has done for the House System.
• A fantastic win for Thomas More gives them a much needed 8 points and closes the gap in the closest competition we’ve ever seen.
St Margaret Clitherow
St Thomas More
St Anne Line
St John Boste
BI John Ingram
House Events for 2019-20
|Charity Coffee Morning||Thursday 3rd October|
|Advent Wreath Making||Thursday 28th November|
|House Rewards - Year 11||Monday 6th December|
|Year 7 & 8 Charity Christmas Disco||Tuesday 10th December|
|House Rewards Trip - Year 7||Thursday 12th December|
|Year 7-9 Quiz||Tuesday 13th February|
|House Gaming||Tuesday 17th March|
|House Rewards - Year 9||Thursday 2nd April|
|House Rewards - Year 8||Wednesday 8th April|
|Masterchef||Wednesday 17th June|
|Public Speaking||Wednesday 24th June|
|House Rewards - Year 10||Monday 13th July|
|Summer Fete||Friday 10th July|
|Sports Day||w/c 13th July|