All students and staff are attached to a house in school. This creates a healthy competition and pushes students to succeed. Points are awarded for various events throughout the year, however, the main core of the points come from:
- Attendance per half term from the house as a whole
- Students who achieve 100% Attendance per half term
- Reward points which students are awarded for exceptional work or attitude shown around school
Each house has a House Leader and the five house leaders create the House Team. They organise the events and are another level of support for our students. Keep checking back as the house points update after every event.
Current House Points
• St. Anne Line start to open up a lead at the top after back to back wins in the KS3 quiz & Spelling Bee. A solid half term of Attendance finishing second twice cements the top spot.
• Margaret Clitherow drop back to second place despite topping the charts in Achievement points in the last half term. Second place finishes in the GCSE Pod competition and Spelling Bee keeps them in touch with Anne Line.
• John Boste move up to third. They are back to winning ways topping all of the Attendance leaderboards, however, lower ranked finishes in all the other measures keep the leaders in the distance. Can’t write the defending champions off yet.
• After a great start to 2019-20, Ingram start to slip down the order and drop to fourth. An average half term of points lets the leaders start to run away.
• Thomas More are starting to be left behind despite a win in the GCSE Pod competition and a second place finish in Achievement Points. A disappointing zero in the Spelling Bee didn’t help the cause with no team entering. Come on TM – you can catch up.
St Margaret Clitherow
St Thomas More
St Anne Line
St John Boste
BI John Ingram
House Events for 2019-20
|Charity Coffee Morning||Thursday 3rd October|
|Advent Wreath Making||Thursday 28th November|
|House Rewards - Year 11||Monday 6th December|
|Year 7 & 8 Charity Christmas Disco||Tuesday 10th December|
|House Rewards Trip - Year 7||Thursday 12th December|
|Year 7-9 Quiz||Tuesday 13th February|
|House Gaming||Tuesday 17th March|
|House Rewards - Year 9||Thursday 2nd April|
|House Rewards - Year 8||Wednesday 8th April|
|Masterchef||Wednesday 17th June|
|Public Speaking||Wednesday 24th June|
|House Rewards - Year 10||Monday 13th July|
|Summer Fete||Friday 10th July|
|Sports Day||w/c 13th July|