All students and staff are attached to a house in school. This creates a healthy competition and pushes students to succeed. Points are awarded for various events throughout the year, however, the main core of the points come from:
- Attendance per half term from the house as a whole
- Students who achieve 100% Attendance per half term
- Reward points which students are awarded for exceptional work or attitude shown around school
Each house has a House Leader and the five house leaders create the House Team. They organise the events and are another level of support for our students. Keep checking back as the house points update after every event.
Current House Points
• Anne Line retake the top spot after picking up 22 points from the combined results of the last two competitions and give themselves a 5 point cushion going into sports week. Can they win the house competition for the first time?
• Margaret Clitherow will be trying to make up the gap as they slip back into second. A strong Sports Week required to catch Anne Line!
• Third place is reclaimed by John Boste after performing the best of any house in the last two competitions picking up 24 points. A big gap to the top spot but with 5 rounds of sport to come it is achievable.
• Ingram drop back to fourth and seem to have thrown the towel in. The Sports Day Shield is up for grabs this week – get involved and win some silverware!
• Again, Thomas More’s best chance of a trophy is Sports Week – get involved TM and you could bag a trophy in the last week. Never give up!
St Margaret Clitherow
St Thomas More
St Anne Line
St John Boste
BI John Ingram
House Events for 2019-20
|Charity Coffee Morning||Thursday 3rd October|
|Advent Wreath Making||Thursday 28th November|
|House Rewards - Year 11||Monday 6th December|
|Year 7 & 8 Charity Christmas Disco||Tuesday 10th December|
|House Rewards Trip - Year 7||Thursday 12th December|
|Year 7-9 Quiz||Tuesday 13th February|
|House Gaming||Tuesday 17th March|
|House Rewards - Year 9||Thursday 2nd April|
|House Rewards - Year 8||Wednesday 8th April|
|Masterchef||Wednesday 17th June|
|Public Speaking||Wednesday 24th June|
|House Rewards - Year 10||Monday 13th July|
|Summer Fete||Friday 10th July|
|Sports Day||w/c 13th July|