We look forward to welcoming back ALL students on Thursday 12th September when the day will begin at 8:45a.m.
Due to demolition of the old building access to our school site is going to be challenging from September until May. To ensure the safety of our students and staff during this time the following procedures have now been put in place.
- The only access to the site is via the entrance gates on the left hand side of The Sixth Form building.
- The car park will be closed to all vehicles between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. with yellow bollards being placed across the entrance. When the bollards are in place, this becomes the pedestrian access. There is no access to any other car park so students will need to be dropped off and collected on Catcote Road. We would recommend you plan your route to drop students on the same side of the road that the school is on. If you are dropping students on the other side of the road, please ensure they use the crossings to cross safely.
- Bus routes have been changed so that they will drop/pick up students on the same side of the road as the school.
View graphics of the new flow system here
The First Morning
For the first morning students are asked to be at the following places for 8:45am.
Year 7 – St. Anne’s Hall. Head for the new building and staff will be on hand to guide them.
Year 8, 9 & 10 – Should assemble on the Tennis Courts.
Year 11 – Should go to the Dining Hall. Again, head for the new building and staff will be on hand.
From these locations students will be met by their form tutors and escorted to their form rooms where the layout of the day will be explained.
There will be a temporary Bike Shed situated between the Tennis Courts and the All Weather Pitch until the permanent replacement is in place. The sheds will be locked all day and re-opened at approximately 3:05pm to allow students on foot to vacate the site first.
Letters have been sent to all Y7 parents over the holidays. If you didn’t receive your letter, then please contact Miss Tait (email@example.com) who will be able to help. There is a machine in the dining hall to allow students to use cash to credit their accounts if you are experiencing any problems with the log in details.
The Parent App
The Parent app is available for download, however, we can’t start generating Parent IDs and Pins until the students are officially on roll in school tomorrow. Letters will be sent to parents over the course of next week. To begin downloading the app please visit www.emshartlepool.org/the-ems-app/ for full instructions.
Other Useful Information
- Students will not need to bring their PE Kit for the first day.
- Students in Year 8-11 should come to school without their tie as they will be issued with the new school tie in their form classes.
- Students will be issued with combination locks for their lockers tomorrow.
- Students are not allowed to decorate their lockers, inside or out.
We hope all of our students have had a lovely extended break and we look forward to seeing them for the new term.